Monday, January 23, 2012
So I never planned on shopping this weekend but found myself at Walgreens two times and then took a mall trip with my best friend. We only went to the mall so she could exchange something which then turned into shopping!Oh and Walgreens was just suppose to be a gum purchase but then I was attracted to all these bright candy colored polishes and I just couldn't help myself!I mean look at those colors up there! The first one is a baby lilac pink and the color name is flirt which I think accurately describes it. I'm wearing it now with one finger painted with opi teenage dreams with a forever21 silver polish on top of it. I can see myself wearing this "flirt" shade a lot!! The trend this season is mixing neutrals with neons and this will be a great pop of neon on dull neutral wardrobe days! The next color is Sally Hansen instadri in Snappy sorbet and let me tell you I have been looking for a shade like this for months! I was going to purchase a Chanel one I came across but I was like am I really going to get my moneys worth considering I change my polish at least twice a week!?!? No so my search continued and I found this yummy shade and I can't wait to swatch it! The next color is another Revlon shade called fearless which is your typical fruit punch red that I just love painting my nails with . I have a few similar shades to it which I will swatch to show differences in color but I'm really feeling this shade and can't wait to try it out!  So while we were at the mall we had to make a stop at Macys and since I figured I don't make it to the mac counter much I should go over there and get my shade done and possibly buy a foundation in which I did.I don't wear foundation unless I'm breaking out and need some extra coverage. I wear a tinted moisturizer or healthy skin by Neutrogena when I go out at night and sometimes this spf foundation from sephora that has very sheer coverage but pretty build-able if you need to. I started to think I need some more coverage at night only for the sake of pictures! haha I don't want to be shiny in some spots or have  the white cast from spf products so I figured let me give mac a try. I heard nothing but great things about the coverage and texture the MAC foundation has so the mac gal did my face in two different foundations. I can't remember what the first one was but it was very light like my healthy skin foundation so I nixed buying that one and went with the prolongwear spf 10 which provided amazing build-able coverage. My face instantly loved the rich creaminess and I felt like I would need very little powder to set it which is always better in my opinion. I hate cakey powder face plus if I'm out at night I don't want to feel the need to reapply my makeup or keep having to powder! I liekd that it was also a lower spf which meant less of that white cast that can show up in pictures from spf products. Next time I'm at sephora I'll probably buy one that hs no spf in it what so ever so events and stuff I really want to have great pictures! I also went over to Victoria secret to try and score some the last items from the semi annual sale, boo not much left. I got a few panties , a free stuffed dog and a amazing hot pink lip gloss. I will do a swatch and post wearing it later this week. The name of the color is taffy go lucky and it's a tube gloss with micro glitter and great pigment.Also while at Macys I got a cute pink-sweatshirt tee on sale ! yay! I can see myself wearing it all the time!Oh and I can't forget the body splash I got from the material girl line at Macys. I did the two for twenty deal and got the sinful sugar scent and I'm loving the cotton candy inspired fragrance, reminds me of pink sugar! The bottle is super cute and is 8.4 ounces so it's a pretty good for it's value . I think this body mist has a lot more staying power than some other brands out there so I recommended going to macys and seeing if any of the scents tidkle your fancy.


I will do a post on the concealer I received from the line glominerals but for now I'll move onto my drugstore products.I love lip balms! I am constantly picking up a new one and just like any other makeup trip I got two new ones! I bought the eos lip balm in sweet mint, and it's super hydrating and something I'll reaching for a lot. The next lip balm I bought was L'Oreal color riche balm in nourishing nude. The color is an exact match of my lips so virtually it just enhances them and I think that's a great thing because my lips are a mauve color so just a tinted lip balm sometimes is the only thing I put on my lips. I really had to work this balm a bit to start the color going but that's fine because it's awesome and takes away any dryness on my lips. I alos picked up the loreal  the one sweep sculpting blush duo and it blows. I thought his sounded like such a great beauty idea similar to the lorac bronzer and blush compact. I thought i coud carry this in my purse for touchups , bring it on vacation and not have to bring a blush and bronzer but no no no. This is chalky and not pigmented and I'm not happy. I mean I spend money of great beauty items but this was a drusgtore product and 12.99 and it it surely disappointing. I hope revlon comes out with a better version of this! I also bought the ever so hyped Maybelline tattoo eyeshadow in tough as taupe. The TargetI went to had all the colors but honestly I don't wear creams too much and when I do I like a neutral color so this si perfect for what I needed. It's freaking great! It's not as smooth as I thought it would be but that's a good thing because I don't see it smudging through out the day ! YAY! I took a picture of it along with the loral lip balm in the picture above.  Now a picture of my best friend and I partying! whoo. 












0 comments: