Friday, January 27, 2012



So this is some pictures of my hair recently and one from a while ago but with an accurate hue close to my real hair color .. I have many more beautiful wonderful blonde highlight memories but I'll put those in another post. I wanted to share with you how amazing the go blonder spray is. The picture of me wearing the ohh so sexy leopard  halter is close to my real color with a few lighter pieces mixed into give it dimension. I haven't really truly stayed a brunette in a long time .

However I did go brunette again this past summer at  Paul Labrecque Salon in the
Upper east Side while I was residing in NYC. I highly recommend this salon! It is so beautiful and the assistant to paul which is also in a salon program there did my hair and it was so rich and glossy. I just felt with my pale freckled complexion (hate tanning too) I had to add some honey toned highlights back in. The girl I went to there is named Lizette and Paul was right there to help assist! Just a quick note when you go to a student at a salon you usually only pay for product or get the service for much cheaper. She happened to be an apprentice at another salon then moved to that salon so she had so much experience under her belt and I feel with  most girls/guys doing hair if you show me your are confident then I'm down to let you do my hair! I will go back to her and that salon when I move back up again. I see on yelp that it only has three stars as a salon which I can't believe! I mean 3 out 5 is average but then salon is so elegant and beyond any ol average 3! They treated me like I wasn't paying just product price and really gave me one of the best salon experiences I ever had. They offered me wine , food and even gave me a great blow dry job after.  He even has a lab where he makes his own haircare products which are out of this world amazing! I keep meaning to go online and pick up a few things they used in my hair. I happen to buy the shine serum and left in in NYC:( The products smells great too not your typical haircare smell , much more appealing. So anyhow onto the product haha My hair at top was the brown fading out to a reddish brown  shortly after that I added highlights then added more from a girl down in Florida. see picture below the top one! So you see my hair was fairly light and I wanted to save my hair the super damage from highlighting so i picked up go blonder to use in between salon visits. Holy hair heaven the last time I highlighted was in August! Look at my hair in the last picture it's clearly still a fresh color ( no pictures to show but before the last picture I dyed my hair a light auburn and it faded quickly ) the lightener just freshens up my roots so I don't look like a skank. skanks have light hair and roots. And I'm not talking about a stylish ombre , real skanks. haha .


Here is a description off amazon. 



  • Formulated with citrus and chamomile, works with styling heat to gradually lighten hair with each use
  • Patent-pending technology combines fixative and conditioning polymers that retain hydrogen peroxide, allowing control of lightening results
  • Includes violet dyes to maintain true-to-tone color
  • Visible results in 3-5 uses; Results most visible on hair that has never been colored
  • For blondes only safe for color-treated and chemically treated hair
well anyhow I am adding some highlights in tomorrow and i feel the color I have now is a good base, there are still highlights but I just want some overall lightness ..  and I'll probably be able to go without a touch up for about 3-4 months with my spray!!! whoo hoo!

0 comments: